Every spring, the PLIA holds its Annual Meeting. Existing members, renewing members, and newcomers to the lake are all welcome to attend this event. It has many purposes:
- to vote on new Board members and conduct other business,
- to bring everyone up to date on the achievements and goals of the PLIA,
- to encourage discussion and debate about lake stewardship,
- to foster the spirit of volunteerism,
- to celebrate the benefits of membership, and
- to provide a venue for members to socialize or meet new neighbors.
This year, we are happy to announce that Pawtuckaway State Park is making its Pavilion available to us as the location for our Annual Meeting. Entry to the Park for this event is FREE OF CHARGE!
Our long-standing neighbor to the west, the State Park is also a valuable partner in one of our most important programs; namely, the prevention of the introduction of invasive aquatic species into the lake. They have trained their staff about invasive aquatic species and the mission of NH LAKES’s Lake Host Program. They have welcomed our Lake Hosts into the Park to perform courtesy watercraft inspections, take surveys of visitors to the Park, and spread the alarm about milfoil.
Now they are welcoming us all to enjoy the beauty of the State Park while we conduct the business and pleasure of our Annual Meeting. Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks (Games! Demonstrations! Boat Rides! Hikes!)
And meanwhile, heartfelt thanks to the NH Division of Parks and Recreation!