One of the basic missions of the PLIA is to foster a community of shared interest in the beauty and health of the natural resources of Pawtuckaway Lake. To that end:
- Our education programs aim to encourage understanding of and compliance with the Shoreland Protection Act, enacted to ensure the continued health of public water bodies.
- We advise residents and camp owners or visitors about how to become lake stewards by adopting habits and managing properties in a responsible way. These Best Practices help protect our lake water.
- We partner with other conservation organizations like the NH Lakes Association to prevent harmful damage to our lake and its wildlife.
- Our volunteers collaborate with the experts at the Loon Preservation Committee to protect our iconic summer residents.
- We support efforts to conserve wildlife habitat on and around the lake, exemplified by the Pawtuckaway Conservation Easement that the Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests has been developing on the lake .